Poster of the 'House of the Holy Spirit' by Daniel Mögling
This movable fortress is set in a peaceful landscape reminiscent of Flemish paintings: there’s a farmhouse in the foreground on the left, a church in the background on the right and a few travellers on their way. Most other details, however, refer to the Rosicrucian Brotherhood (the ‘Collegium Fraternitatis’ on the banderole above the roof lantern). The Brotherhood strove for a better world founded on Hermetic-Christian principles. Their ideas were not accepted by the established churches, which is why they defend their principles from this fortress on wheels, which is held by the hand of God. Letters are flying in their direction, sent by followers who would like to join the invisible brotherhood. The Brotherhood also advocated the practice of alchemy as a discipline to fathom the secrets of nature, as is obvious from the alchemical apparatus to be seen in the window on the right.
Illustration: House of the Holy Spirit. Manuscript after 1618, Daniel Mögling.
Bibliotheca Philosophica Hermetica Collection | Embassy of the Free Mind, Amsterdam
Is your favourite image not available? Don't worry, we're still expanding our range of posters, so it might be coming up soon!
So stay tuned and subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom of this page to stay up to date!
Size: 50 x 70 cm